&HER MEDIA GROUP registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road,
London - N1 7GU. Registered in England and Wales company number 1268811.
1. Our Data Promise to you
&HER MEDIA GROUP is absolutely committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future.
We promise you that we will:
· have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data;
· only process your data if we have a legal reason to do so; or where you have given us your permission to do so;
· only hold your information for as long as there is a business requirement to kept it;
· store your data on our secure servers and ensure that we have strong controls in place to protect your data;
· only work with external companies that share the same strong data protection values as we do.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, the regulator of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other relevant legislation and abide by its requirements.
2. The lawful bases &HER MEDIA GROUP process personal data
&HER MEDIA GROUP rely upon four of these lawful ways to collect, use, store and process personal data: Consent, Contractual; Legitimate Interests and Legal Obligations
To perform our contractual obligations to you.
We process your information to perform our contractual obligations to you when we use your information to provide you with the Services. For example, when you purchase a subscription from us, we process your payment and contact information as necessary to confirm the subscription and we process your contact information and other details to provide you with support services in regard to your subscription. If you exhibited at an event, we will process your payment and contact information as necessary to provide the services. Or to provide a prize to which you are entitled.
To pursue our legitimate interests.
We process your information to meet our legitimate interests we have balanced our interests with your interests and believe that these activities will not have a negative impact on your privacy rights. We specially rely on Legitimate Interests: -
· Manage specific aspects of our events;
· manage our subscription service;
· personalise the marketing content we provide you;
· share your contact details with a competition providers;
· undertake business sales and advertising activities
· to develop, deliver and maintain relevant products services and advertising;
· to build an understanding of our audiences so we can serve them with relevant content;
· understanding when our audience engage with us or other organisations;
· customise the content you see on our website
· send you marketing communications related to other company products and services (in a business-to-business context);
· research publicly available business contact details.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, by using the unsubscribe link or emailing:
To comply with our legal obligations.
We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. For example, we are required to collect certain information from you when processing your subscription payment for tax or financial reporting reasons.
With your consent.
We obtain your consent to process your information when we are required to do so by law. In relation to Cookies and Similar Technologies, we obtain your consent as described in our Cookies Policy. You can withdraw your consent at any time, by using the unsubscribe link or emailing: xxx or as described in our Cookies Policy.
If you withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide that product of service that you have requested.
3. What Personal Data do we collect?
&HER MEDIA GROUP collects Personal Data in a number of ways, such as, when you give us a paper form to subscribe to our magazine, enter a competition, exhibit at an event or provide details at an event or when you interact with us via a website, mobile app or other digital services (“Services”). This Personal Data could include:
· Contact information, your name; postal address; email address; phone number.
· Comments, photos, videos and other content that you choose to publish or share with us.
· Payment information for subscriptions or purchases made through our websites, mobile application or other digital services.
· Your dietary and accessibility requirements if you are attending one of our events.
· Information you provide when participating in a competition; survey; event or apply for a job.
· Location information, when you permit the digital service to access device location. To prevent this access, please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider.
· Information we obtain from other sources, such as our business partners, and social media platforms
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and email of a contact if you are attending an event or the name and address of a gift subscription recipient. Please ensure that you are authorised or have the person’s permission to do so.
4. How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect your details when you register on one of our websites; subscribe to our service; place an order on our website; search for a product; correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; register our events; participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website; enter a competition or promotion; apply for a job.
With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your data so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us. We respect your preferences and will do our best to make sure that we keep our promises.
If you give us your consent to send you further marketing messages we may contact you from time-to-time with carefully selected offers and promotions from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services.
We may need to authenticate your identity to provide you with access to subscriber-only services. We might also send you surveys or invite you to enter a competition or receive a newsletter, for instance. If you do not wish to participate you may simply decline our invitations.
Our iPad, Android and other "apps" may collect user data, which we use to learn about our readers and improve our apps.
To understand how our "apps" are used we may use the service Google Analytics to provide us with anonymous statistical information about your use of our app(s).
As part of our Google Analytics tracking we have implemented the following features: Remarketing, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by visiting here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We use this information for reporting purposes and to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet. We may use the cookies relating to Google Analytics together with third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a user's part visits to our websites. For more information please see our Cookies Policy.
5. How do we use your Personal Data?
Fulfilment of a service
We will use your personal data when fulfilling a product or service that you have requested. For example, when you subscribe to a magazine; register to access online content; register to attend an event; enter a prize draw/competition or apply for a job.
We will only send you direct marketing when you have either provided consent for example by ticking a box or where we believe we can demonstrate a legitimate interest and have balanced this with your interests and privacy. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
&HER Media Events
If you register to attend, sponsor or exhibit at one of our events such as a conference; awards or roundtable events, we will share your details such as your name, job title and company name, with the events sponsors to ensure that the activity is specific to the audience, suppliers of event services such as shell scheme supplier. We also may share the delegate list with the venue for health and safety purposes.
Exhibitors and or sponsors may ask to scan your badge at the event to gain your consent to contact you in the future. If you do not wish your details to be shared, you can choose not to have your badge scanned.
Please note that at some events photographs and video footage may be taken and used for post event publicity. If you have any objection please email XXX
We may also use your information to optimise article and content recommendations. Based on the kind of articles and content which prove to be of interest, we will use this information to provide a more engaging and personalised experience for you.
We may use the information we hold about you, including how you engage with our products and services, as well as from other sources, to segment our audiences into groups with particular attributes (likes/dislikes/reading behaviours etc). This helps us personalise your experience and show you more relevant content and adverts.
6. Do we share that data with any other companies?
Every supplier we use has to go through a rigorous up-front process to ensure that their processes are at least as good as our own, and they are required to sign a contract that defines what their responsibilities and liabilities are. We make site visits regularly whether our suppliers are in the UK, the EEA or outside the EEA, where we require an EU approved model contract to be signed.
If you send in a comment, we may post it on our site or use it as a testimonial without mentioning your full name or publishing any information that would identify you. Furthermore, in some circumstances we may display some of your information such as your username and age. Others may be able to see your personal data if you post any information on bulletin boards or forums and may be used to send you unsolicited communications over which we have no control.
When you visit our websites and apps, we may check to see if you have a cookie ID. This is a form of identifier that tells us who you are. We may share this with advertisers, ad servers and ad networks to deliver targeted advertising both on our websites/apps and on selected partner websites but this will not include any information which directly identifies you. However, by interacting with or viewing an advert, you should be aware that the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advert and we accept no responsibility for the content of any advertising you may see.
Please take care when using social networking sites to which we may invite you to join that you do not disclose anything that you might later wish to retract.
There are certain times when we may have a legal obligation to disclose your data in good faith where it is required by law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, or where we have a requirement to protect or defend the rights of &HER MEDIA GROUP or any users of our servers. We will always ensure that those requesting the information have the legal right to do so.
We may collect information from your devices that tells us whether you’re using an ad blocker. This is so that we can manage our compliance with the law and also determine if we are able to show you advertising. We may also ask you to suspend or whitelist our websites so that we can show you adverts. As a predominantly advertising funded business, we do rely on our ability to show you advertising to help ensure we are able to provide you with the products and services you.
7. The information we may collect from you about others
8. Leaving our website and moving on to third party websites
9. Cookies and how we use them
· To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
· For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
· We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
· We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
· To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
· We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies, when you use the website for the first time via “see all options” link on the “pop up” banner, but please be aware that for some parts of our sites to work, you will need to accept cookies.
10. Online Behavioural Advertising
We use an advertising service called online behavioural advertising (OBA). This allows us to deliver targeted advertising to the visitors of our websites. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with the website. For example, if you have been reading a lot of car articles, you may be shown more adverts for cars.
None of the OBA techniques used will collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number.
11. Logging in using social networking
If you login to our sites using a Facebook login or a Google login, you are granting permission to Facebook and/or Google to share your user details with &HER MEDIA GROUP This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a &HER MEDIA GROUP identity. This will also allow &HER MEDIA GROUP and Facebook and/or Google to share your networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook and/or Google account settings. If you remove &HER MEDIA GROUP app from your Facebook and/or Google settings, we will no longer have access to this information.
12. Opting out on Receipt of Email Marketing Communications
If you receive a marketing email from one of our brands, you will have the option to “opt-out” by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each and every message we send you. If you wish to unsubscribe from all brand lists please contact xxxPlease be aware that this will not unsubscribe you from our service based messages, such as subscription rewards and subscription reminders. If you wish to be opted out of reward emails, please contact xxx
If you receive a marketing SMS text, please text “STOP” to any message received.
If you receive a marketing call from &HER MEDIA GROUP , please let the call operator know you do not wish to receive any further calls.
If you wish to stop all marketing communications from &HER MEDIA GROUP , please email xxx
13. Marketing to Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 for marketing purposes.
14. Using our websites from outside the UK
Our servers are situated in the EEA and when you submit your details and in whichever country you are situated you agree to the data being transferred to the EEA and processed under the terms of GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 which stem from European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC respectively. If you are not in agreement please do not add your personal details on the website.
15. Your Rights
Under GDPR, you have a number of rights, which are aimed at giving you control about how your personal data is used by us.
Access your personal data
You have the right to see what information we hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it. This is known as a Subject Access Request. In responding to such a request, we may ask for proof of your identity, to ensure that we do not send you personal data to another person. We will respond to any requests as soon as possible, but at least within 30 days.
Please click here to make a Subject Access Request
Amend your personal data
You may ask us to make any changes that you consider necessary to make the information accurate, please let us know and we will rectify this as soon as possible.. Please write to or email: xxx
Or by post to
&HER MEDIA GROUP 20-22 Wenlock Road, London - N1 7GU
We will require that you satisfactorily identify yourself to demonstrate your entitlement to view this data.
Delete your personal data
If you wish for your personal data to be deleted we will review any request on a case-by-case basis. We will respond to you as soon as possible, at least within 30 days of receiving your request.
16. How long do we keep your personal data?
We hold personal data for different purposes and the length of time we keep your information will vary depending on the services or products we are providing. We will only keep your data for a reasonable period of time, which is based on the purpose for which we are using your data. Once that purpose has been fulfilled, we will securely delete that data or anonymise your information (so that we, or anyone else, can no longer tell that data relates to you) unless we are required to retain the data longer for legal, tax or accounting reasons.
Complaints will be dealt with and be responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the response you should refer your complaint to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Any changes will be effective immediately.